Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Plane, Plane, Go Away


Hello! Guess where I am headed... ATLANTA, GEORGIA. Yes, I know, I was just there a month and a half ago. The redeeming factor is that I will only be there thirty-eight minutes. Thirty-eight minutes to catch a connecting flight in the Atlanta airport seems daunting, but my gate is only two down from where I will exit. That’s one benefit about flying Airtran, you do not have the nightmare that is a Delta flight in Atlanta. Delta basically owns the Atlanta airport, so navigating the huge facility is a challenge. I have to admit, I am not too fond of Airtran though. Everything about this flight has been unpleasant, except the view. It’s 6:30 AM and the sky is so gorgeous. It’s the only thing that’s keeping me from being a sourpuss on what is typically a pleasant flight out of Bishop Airport. 

My carry-ons are not safely stored because the flight attendant said that they could take my backpack and did not offer to help me. Instead of disturbing my aisle mates and forcing help, I have my backpack shoved partial under my seat with no foot space. The in-flight snack is two non-descript packaged cookie/crackers that I’m not sure if I want to try. Also, I chose seat F because I wanted a window seat, but that was a bad idea because shifting to the third seat from the aisle is difficult and uncomfortable. I MISS MIDWEST! Seriously, fresh baked cookies on the plane were probably the best thing ever and the flight attendants were accommodating and wonderful. I can not believe how far away from Boston I have to fly to get there. That is my real destination, by the way, and I can’t wait to get there. No idea what I’m going to do there, but I’m looking forward to it. I know my first steps will be to navigate the shuttle, subway, and streets and wrestle my luggage downtown to have lunch with my sister. In the Airtrain magazine, they have a picture of a Memorial Day tradition that I am going to attempt to see if they have not gotten rid of it.

The past week has been spent packing, with family, and at my friend, Brittany’s wedding. It was great to see a lot of people before I left, but there were some I did not get to see. I am having a birthday party the day after I get back, so I hope to see everyone then. I am official gone until July 14th. I am already realizing many things I forgot. For more on my packing, you will have to check out my study abroad blog. For now, enjoy these pictures from the last few days. Keep an eye out for many more blog posts soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment